Friday, December 5, 2008

WiiDoom 0.4.1 is released

I fixed the bug that caused the shareware wad to crash in 0.4, so I'm releasing a version that includes only this fix. The homebrew browser can't put out the newest WiiDoom unless the shareware wad (which is packaged with it) works, so this was a high priority for me. Teknecal just confirmed that it's working, so he's putting it out in the next day or so.

Most people won't need to download this new update, unless they wan't to increase the download count via HBB have the latest version. :)

9 comments:

vin said...

count me in (twice, I have 2 Wii's)

David Hudson said...

Can you put the fix in SVN? Thanks.

Steve Corey said...

Sorry. Done.

Ville said...

Gave it a quick test drive. Worked fine, but I would have a feature request.

Having some sort of indicator of where the wiimote is pointing would make the game a lot easier to play. It's far too easy to loose it outside the "screen" as it is.

Also, having an option to control the turn sensitivity would also help.

Syfo-Dyas said...

My Wii and My friends will not play this or Quake correctly. On both games when you press forward, nothing happens, you can go backwards, look fire, etc. but moving forward does not happen at all, and strafing is random.

Might this have to do with my firmware?

Syfo-Dyas said...

My Wii and My friends will not play this or Quake correctly. On both games when you press forward, nothing happens, you can go backwards, look fire, etc. but moving forward does not happen at all, and strafing is random.

Might this have to do with my firmware?

David Hudson said...

You have to detach and then reconnect your nunchuck after starting the game

Syfo-Dyas said...

Did that no go. Re-synced Wii-Mote, no go. In DOOM and Quake and only in them when I press forward on the analog, I go backwards. Can not strafe, can't move forward, but everything pertaining to the buttons and the Wiimote works great!

xaingu said...

I'm haveing the same problems with not being able to go forward with nunchuck :(